Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Start of Our Second Nebraska Winter

So this Winter has been much more manageable than our last here in Nebraska. We have had snow and yes, it doesn't completely melt, but things have been much better. Last Sunday (the 9th of January), it started snowing and didn't stop until Tuesday morning, we got a bit more than a foot overall. Therefore, the kids had two snow days last week and my start of the semester was delayed. The break, however, was quite nice and I got a lot of things completed.

Along the school lines, I have somehow managed to get myself enrolled in an upper division philosophy course (philosophy of religion), with no previous philosophy experience. Reading the material is like circular reasoning and complete nonsense. I think if I manage to pass this course I should be able to bull-shit my way out of anything.

That snow from Sunday last week still hasn't melted, although yesterday was a bit warmer than usual and there was a bit of melting going on. This evening it started snowing again and as Gregg often does, he made sure the drive and walkways were shoveled before bed. Tomorrow we are supposed to get another 4 to 6 inches, and what with the constant 20 degree or lower temps I'm sure it'll stick around until April.

Here's my brave snow warrior. You couldn't seriously pay me enough to do this crap.

This Winter we put in those reflective sticks by the curb, trying to mitigate damage to the lawn from the snow plows.



Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment