Sunday, January 23, 2011

Here We Go Again...

Last night a snowstorm made its way through our area. We knew it was coming, and after last year, we were more than ready.

Here's what we woke up to this morning. Last night before we went to bed we had easily 5 inches of freshly fallen snow, on top of the 6 or so from a few days earlier, on top of 3 or 4 from 2 weeks ago. The stuff just never seems to melt here.


So Gregg got busy with the snow blower again. He did this yesterday once, so it wasn't too bad. I'm so glad we purchased this thing last year. It has been so useful.

After breakfast we all loaded up in Gregg's truck and made our way to the South High School just up a dirt road from where we live. We had seen some people sledding yesterday there and thought it looked like a good time.




Austin doesn't care for being outside, snow, cold, or really much of anything, so getting him to do this without complaining the entire time was quite the accomplishment.

Even Gregg got in on the fun. I seriously thought he was going to flip over on this run.

Yup, we got some snow. Two more like this and we'll be exactly where we were last year.

Payton loves sledding. She usually goes in the neighborhood, so today was quite the treat for her.

Gregg and Payton made their way down once together.

And then Payton and Austin together. Then we all jumped back into the truck and made our way to Summit Ridge (a neighborhood near where we live), where there is a HUGE hill that people often sled down.


It's a long walk up the hill. I wasn't up for it, so I stayed in the truck and took pictures.
Gregg and Austin went up to the top to go down, and Payton went to the first ledge which is about half way up the hill.

It took Austin forever, but he made it on his own. Bet he'll sleep well tonight.

Here are Gregg and Austin going down together.

Payton going down alone.

Guess one trip was all they could take.

So we came back home and waited for the snow plows to make their way through our neighborhood and block the already cleared driveway.

It was perfect timing too. I got to make us some soup and then it was time to go back out and clear more snow.

Very picturesque if I do say so myself.


Not as much as last year, but quite a bit of snow still.

At least we were a little more prepared this year. But I think we are tired of the snow already anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can see where that stuff can make you detest it, but it sure looks fun...all white and fresh. Ya'll need to buy some skis for that large hill...that would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I'm with Sam....SKIS!! I love the snow...but I don't live with all winter either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get goosebumps and shiver just looking at your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete