Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oregon Trip - Part 5: Gettin' Dirty

The day after Christmas Casey took us out to her parents place for the kids to ride dirt bikes and quads. It was a beautiful wooded place on the side of hill that was just so picturesque. Everyone had a great time even with the cold, wet weather that day.

The theme of this post is: too small. Read on and you'll see why.

Here's Payton getting ready. She had been excited about this for quite some time & was looking forward to getting dirty with the boys.

I know she doesn't look excited, but believe me she was - big time.

Here's Gregg instructing Payton in the workings of the quad.

Gregg on the small red quad and Justin on the larger white one.



Payton got some more instruction from Gregg before she rolled out.

This is Casey's horse.

Greggrey, I don't think that helmet fits quite right.

Big man, tiny dirt bike.

Here Mike took Austin to look at the horse.

Here's Justin in front on the white quad and Payton behind on the Red. Justin was great at going slow and showing Payton the way.



Had it been dry out and a little warmer, I think Payton would have tried to give Justin a run for his money on the quads.

I think that dirt bike is made for someone smaller than Gregg. He obviously doesn't care though.
The tire gave out from Gregg, so nobody else got to ride the dirt bike while there.

Doing great!





Justin let Payton wear some of his "gear", I thought it was funny to see her dressed like this so I took more than just a few pictures.

Austin isn't big on dirt or mud or rain. He hung out and watched the action unfold with Cole. He did enjoy riding on the street in front of Mike's house when the weather was better though.

Payton, however, was loving getting all dirty.

Gregg and Mike did their part too.

Like father, like daughter.

Payton decided to go around on the bigger quad and flipped the thing into a blackberry bush, here is Gregg bringing her back. She was fine aside from some scrapes and cuts from the blackberry bush.
Later that evening Gregg, Mike, & the boys did some target practice - photos from that coming up soon...

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a fun trip! I love that Payton was excited to get dirty....I have a daughter that would be super excited for an activity like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great stay in Oregon, very different from our normal lives. I think that is why it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete