What We WILL Miss MOST About Virginia Beach
- Friends
- Flip Flops are Considered Acceptable Attire EVERYWHERE
- Neighbors
- Warm Winters
- Beaches
- Historic Sites Everywhere
- Sugar Plum Bakery
- Massive Amounts of Trees Everywhere
- Green Grass Year Around
- Not Needing A Warm Coat
- Having A Five Guys Burger Joint on Every Corner
- 9 Malls With In 20 Minutes
- A Starbucks On Every Corner
- Selection of Restaurants
- The Summer Pig Pickin'
- Gregg's Half Work Days on Friday
- Handel's Double Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- More Target Stores Than Anyone Really Needs
- Selection of Shopping Options
- The Boardwalk
- The Awesome Library System
- Beers In The Garage
- The Fresh Market
- Knowing What Every Sound is EXACTLY Inside This House at Night
- The Cul-de-sac
- Trader Joe's Grocery Stores
- Plaza Azteca Restaurant
- Fireworks at Mount Trashmore
- This Back Yard
- The Beautiful Landscape
- Bunnies in the Back Yard
- Ducks in the Front Yard
- REAL FRESH Seafood
- Wild Horses at Corolla
- The Proximity to the DC Area
What We WON'T Miss At All About This Area
- Traffic
- Seagulls
- Jet Noise
- Humidity
- Mosquitoes
- A Sex Offender Living Right Down The Road
- Smell of Sea Water When It Rains
- Leeches EVERYWHERE
- Big City Life
- Overwhelming Military Presence
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Norfolk (ick)
- The Lack of Good Hunting for Gregg
- Portsmouth (ick)
- Allergy Issues Because of the Humidity
- Hampton (ick)
- How it Never Snows
- Newport News (ick)
- Our Nasty Neighbor STEVE and His Family
- Spotty OU Football Coverage
- Politically Correct BS
- Our Neighbor Chip's Lady Friend, Stella, and How She Drives 40 Through The Cul-de-sac Into the Driveway
- Paper Ads Showing OU Gear, But the Stores Never Having It
- Paying 2 Water Bills Every Month For No Apparent Reason
- People Who Don't Know What "No Soliciting" Means
- Did I Mention the Humidity?
4 Days Until The Movers Arrive, Should Be Interesting...

Good Luck...Wasemiller Fam!
ReplyDeleteLove the car on the page heading!~ I actually remember riding in those.
ReplyDeleteGreat list, I would have to agree on a few of them!!
ReplyDeleteI love the list! Why in world are you paying 2 water bills a month? I have a hard time remembering to pay just one.
ReplyDeleteMandy, I wish I could give you a reasonable answer, but instead I will tell you what the bills say and then my opinion.
ReplyDeleteOne of them is for waste water treatment (averages $45). The other one is storm water treatment, water supply, service availability, utility taxes and sewer services (averages $120).
Quite a number of these terms sound like the same service, but that's just the way it is. This is an ultra democratic area and if the city can pass the buck to the people (rather than using tax funds, of which there is always a surplus) so they can provide more services to people who likely don't pay taxes, because they don't have jobs, that's what they do.
Love the lists! I needed a good laugh!!
ReplyDeleteThose lists are a great way to keep positive about moving, every place has positives and negatives. I know your family will have a great move. And you will probably hear a lot more about Sooner football, but since it is Nebraska it may not be positive. :D
ReplyDelete