Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Playing Catch Up

I know, I know. I haven't been keeping up with the blog much lately. Things around here have either been 200 miles per hour or dead as a door knob. So be happy you're getting this random post.

Payton had to be at school this morning an hour early for her field trip, so Austin was sitting waiting on the bus all alone. The weather has been so nice lately, well until today. If I remember correctly, the high for today is under 50*. We were all wearing shorts and flip flops over the weekend, even yesterday with the highs in the low 80's. I even saw some people returning home from the beach yesterday, unloading their vehicle. I cannot wait for summer, and to think it will be our last here in this beautiful area. That thought makes me sad.

Gregg power washed the stoop, stairs, sidewalk, driveway and shed over the weekend. The "I love LTW" note is gone from our drive way finally. I think he did a great job & it all looks really great. Spring is right around the corner. I have so much to do before we put the house on the market. It may not feel like spring today, but obviously the tree doesn't agree, see the flowers blooming up there?
I took this photo a couple weeks ago (with my cell phone, so please excuse the quality of the rest of these pics in this post) and happened upon it while downloading photos from my memory card. Note the bunny in the background of this picture. Apparently Jolie wasn't too interested.
Today Payton has a field trip to Pamplin Historical Park. I have no idea what type of "Civil War enhancement" will be going on there for them today, but all of the 5th graders were quite excited about it. It looks like an interesting place, somewhat of a Colonial Williamsburg knock off though. Either way I'm sure the kids will have a good time while they are there.

Our school system rents carter buses for these long trips. The park is in Petersburg, VA - about 90 miles (or 2 hours at pokey bus speed) away. She especially enjoys hanging out with her friends and watching the movies on the buses.

I was "lucky" enough to get to follow the slow moving things into school this morning. Can you feel the excitement in my words? It was far too early to be up, not to mention that driving to the school so early in my PJ's never makes me a happy camper.

See that, I'm going UNDER the speed limit. Save this picture, you'll never see this sort of thing again.

2 comments:

  1. Your grass is already turning green. The only thing green in our yard is the weeds. I love the first picture of Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having this freakishly warm weather, too. Alas, today is in the 30's and all of our budded trees and flowers may die tonight if there is a hard enough freeze :(

    ReplyDelete