Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finally A New Trampoline

Gregg has taken off work for the last three days of this week. We thought we'd have some fun together while the kids were in school. We've done the usual lunches together, but we've also had some extraordinary fun too. Today we went and watched a full docket of criminal court at the courthouse. We cannot wait to do it again. Yesterday we went to Newport News to Trader Joe's (I LOVE TRADER JOE'S) and tomorrow we are going to target practice a little.

This evening we picked up a new trampoline for the kids, here are a few photos...


Here's the reason why we needed to get a new trampoline. The wind whips through the creek area behind our house pretty strong and it ripped up the pad that surrounds the trampoline 2 or 3 years ago. We figured that the kids would outgrow the thing and stop playing on it, but we were wrong. So, we decided it was finally time to replace this dilapidated old thing.

Start of the process...

I'm glad I was busy making dinner and taking photos. I really didn't want to brave this nasty weather.

They sure do work well together. I'm sure it won't last much longer. Those teenage years are creeping up faster and faster every day.

Here's Gregg in action. He looks deep in thought, as if that ever happens. I would bet that at that moment he was thinking about the beer he's going to have after the whole thing is complete.
Here's Gregg's little helper in action. She's quite helpful when it comes to things like this. I'm sure she was thinking about how she cannot wait to jump on it, but that is to be expected.

Finished product. I hope it holds up to the wind for the next 3 to 8 months before we move.
I hope this nasty weather pushes out real soon, I hate this cold, dreary stuff.

2 comments: