Saturday, November 22, 2008

OOOOH! An Early Christmas Present!!

Check out what Gregg brought home for me Friday when he came home from work!!

The Canon EOS 40D I have been begging for ever since we went to Philly!! I'm SOOO excited! Yes, I know how cheesy that sounds, to be so excited about a camera. I can't wait to put it to good use.

Isn't it beautiful? It's my new baby. He also brought me home 3 batteries, a memory card, and a remote - so we can take our Christmas card photo together.

We had checked out the Rebel XSi and it wasn't satisfying after having used the 40D. The zoom on this sucker is really amazing. I think I'll take a photography class at the University of Nebraska (since I've already enrolled in classes for next semester here).

So many buttons and I have no idea how to use them yet. Gregg did happen to bring me home an extra book with a full explanation of everything this camera offers. He's just the best husband in the world!

Obviously these photos weren't taken with the camera, they were taken with our Nikon we got before our Paris trip so it would fit in our pocket. It's an OK camera, but this sucker is awesome.

Below are some photos I took with the new camera when I got it on Friday. Make sure you open each of these up to check out the detail.

Here I am trying out the aperture priority. See how the walnut is in focus but everything else isn't? This is what I love about this camera, the options and how you can change the photos artistically.

I also love the detail it gives. Here is Andrè, up close and personal, isn't he handsome?


The kids weren't even slightly interested in my taking their photo after school. So I tortured the cats with the flash. Check out Jolie's tongue, that's some fast shutter speed. She kept moving so the focus isn't quite right. I hope to get better with time.


It's about time for the SOONER game.... Go Sooners - beat the snot out of TX Tech!!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That is one nice camera! Take lots of pics and share with us...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous!! I want a new camera so bad. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie said that is a really nice camera (she is our resident photography expert) I'm sure you will master it soon. And now, you will probably get another gift under the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie takes really great photos, I would love to have just an ounce of her talent! I need to find a good online website for hints and tips on it's use, any idea?

    ReplyDelete