So Saturday was family day at Gregg's work, I forgot my camera at home, so I took a photos with my cell phone, they actually turned out better than I had expected. Here are a few photos from our day at special boat team twenty.
Gregg and his guys got a new office a couple months ago, here he is at his desk. It's still strange, even after all these years, seeing him as the boss.
This office is much nicer than the temporary one he had before this. This was a new job there at the Special Boat Team, he is the Intelligence Officer. I'd tell you what he does there, but he'd have to kill you. HA I know he did a good job, he always does. We're very proud of him, he's very good at Intel work.

After going by his office and printing up some stuff for a guy, we made our way down the pier to get in line for the boat rides. We got there early just so our wait wouldn't be too long.

Here is where we stood for 2+ hours in the sweltering heat, waiting to take our ride on one of the boats. They only took 16 people at a time and each ride was nearly 30 minutes with transit time.

This is a MK V (pronounced "mark five"). We took a quick trip on this one. It was fairly fun, sure beat standing out on the pier in the heat. But it wasn't nearly as fun as we had expected. They did some hard turns, nearly a complete circle at high speeds and also a full stop from top speed which really kicked up some surf.
Gregg took this before we left the pier after we were on board. Can you tell how excited Payton was to be there? She did enjoy the ride once we got out to sea. I believe it was the only time she smiled the entire day. It was just too hot for her and I and the lines were too long and slow moving. The military isn't big on being prepared for anything except war.
This is the view I had from the boat. I thought it was quite pretty, for Norfolk.
Payton and I sat on one row and Austin on another. Gregg didn't have a seat since he's part of the boat team, I think standing would have been far more fun. He's standing in front of the lady in the pink shirt and Austin is to that lady's right, in a seat.
To I took two photos of it turning. Totally interesting, I know.
I've never seen her so excited about anything. HA
This is a 11 meter RIB, we were going to ride one of these before leaving but the wait was too much for us to handle, who knows how long we would have been there if we had waited again. I bet it would have been more fun than the MK 5 though. Maybe next time.

Those pictures of Payton are cracking me up. I am sure that I would have looked the same at her age!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. At least Gregg has an interesting job...my kids would die if they had to go to work with a tax accountant all day!!
ReplyDeleteI know you guys are all so proud of Gregg. And I must say I laughed out loud at Payton - teenager in the making is all I can say. And you cell phone does take amazing pictures. Also, I think I can hook you up with a cheerleading nationals tape, but you may have to be patient with me. When I get my summer "assignments" finished, I'll get on it.
ReplyDeleteI was also impressed with how well your cell phone takes pictures. Poor Payton, I feel her pain, I do not get along well with long, hot days either. I'm sure Gregg was glad to have his family with him.
ReplyDeleteThat is neat. I bet Payton will appreciate the "cool" job her Dad has later. I'm sure you are proud of him. Those are pretty impressive pics for a cell phone.
ReplyDelete