So earlier in the week I was cleaning out my dresser & found a piece of history in my cami drawer. I sat there for a minute or two and reflected on what a fun Senior year I had and how that one year completely changed me forever. I know I can attribute some of my self confidence, willpower and the importance I put on physical fitness towards cheerleading and obviously some came from my many years in gymnastics. Either way, I hope that Payton learns some of these important qualities along the way, however she feels necessary.
Payton went to an all-star cheerleading class with one of her friends last night and came home talking about stunts and jumps and such. I told her about nationals back in '94 and all she could do was tell me how things are so different now and make me feel old. So if any of you have a tape of anything from those days, I'd really love to show it to her. I can make a copy and put it on DVD for you too, if that makes it more worth it & I will pay for shipping.
I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of that tape for years now because I knew one day that she'd be interested in seeing it. I did have a copy long ago, but when my parents got divorced it somehow disappeared along with all my childhood mementos, trophies, medals and most of my baby pictures, but that's another story, perhaps best saved for a therapist, HA.
How fun. That does bring back lots of memories. I'm not sure if I have any videos. I'll have to look. I'll bet Annie does, if not.
ReplyDelete