... the Alexandria VA/ DC area, we arrived yesterday and had an awesome day. We went to Arlington Cemetery and I took some beautiful photos of JFK's grave site, the tomb of the unknown soldier & General Lee's house. We later had dinner at a tapas place for the first time & it was very fun. I forgot our cable for downloading photos from our camera, but as soon as we arrive back in Virginia Beach, I will post a few from each day.
Today we visited the National Archives and saw the Constitution, Magna Carta, The Bill of Rights and The Declaration of Independence in person. They don't allow flash photography, so those photos probably won't turn out very well. We also went to the Natural History Museum where they have all sorts of dinosaur skeletons and such. Later we went to the National Gallery of Art and saw works by Picasso, Monet & Renoir, just to name a few. We saw so much, it is hard to remember everything, but those were some of the highlights.
Tomorrow is our shopping day, we are going to shop till we drop at Tyson's Corner and Potomac Mills. Anyway, keep an eye out, Saturday I will post some photos. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
What a fun vacation! I need to go back to DC, we went when I was little, but I did not appreciate all the incredible history it has to offer. Hope the rest of your vacation is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are having a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see all those amazing things!!! My degree is in Education-Social Studies, so that is all right up my alley! I guess I know who to call when we do plan a trip to the coast. I'm looking forward to all your pics.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't think of it as a vacation, since it is only about 3 hours from Virginia Beach, it's kind of like going to Dallas from Woodward, more of a weekend trip. But it was quite fun with the kids at this age, very educational.
ReplyDelete