Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We've been busy

It was a very busy weekend and the start of this week has also been quite quick paced. Over the weekend Gregg pressure washed the house. It is so humid out here that most houses get a green mold on at least one side of them. He did a great job cleaning it off with bleach first and then some high pressure water.


Here he is in the middle of the process. You couldn't get me on that ladder for 3 hours. No way.

He also cleaned the gutters with the pressure washer and scooped out the goop that was in them. It looks so much cleaner now. Not sure you can tell, the photo is kind of far away. As you can see, it's been raining a lot here. Our grass is nice and green.

I put in, what seemed to be, tons of mulch in our flower beds. I don't look forward to this task each and every year. I also planted a small garden (tomatoes, jalapenos & basil) on the side of the back yard, I hope it can keep up with our tomato consumption.

Gregg got a new motorcycle Monday. Here he is inspecting it at the dealership.

It was the best looking of the bunch. He's so happy. I hope he enjoys riding it. I'm scared to death of these things, so I think me riding it won't be an often occurrence.


In all it's glory, Gregg's brand new 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750, exactly the bike he wanted. Here it is sitting on top of what Gregg though would be a funny idea, writing love notes on the front driveway with the pressure washer. Who knows how long "I love LTW" will be there for all the world to see. Hopefully it will fade before we sell the house in 7 years.

Here are Austin and Payton in the backyard on Saturday. They played while Gregg cleaned the outside of the house.


And today (Tuesday), Payton has a field trip to the Symphony. She is very excited about this trip. Last year they went to the Opera which she really enjoyed. Our kids have way more interesting field trips than we had as children. I remember going to the water treatment plant, yuck, what a culture building experience that was. Last week Austin went to the Thorougood House (built in 1630), the Lynnhaven House (built in 1725), & the Francis Land House (circa 1805) on his field trip. Talk about American history.

Anyway, it's been a busy week and I'm not sure it's going to slow down any time soon. So posts may be few and far between. The neighborhood pool will be opening soon and beach weather has already hit us here, so we'll probably be quite busy in NC.

Next week Gregg has another conference, but this one is in DC. I am thinking of pulling the kids from school and visiting the sites while he's there. We lived there for 2+ years but the kids were young and don't remember much of it I'm afraid. I will try to post a couple times a month though. I hope you all have a safe and fun summer.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! It does sound like you guys are very busy! I love that Gregg wrote that he loved you one the drive way, that is super sweet! Enjoy all of your fun and busy schedules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We can hardly keep our lawn mowed, much less wash our house. But I guess that is a small price to pay to get to live in such a beautiful state with so much rain. Your kids are beautiful, yes, even you son,but he might not appreciate it. I hope they will be Okies, even though they don't live here:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if you buy them a motorcycle it motivates them to help out around the house? I think I might give that a try!! Sounds like you guys are going to be busy..have fun in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, Our kids have lived in many places but also consider themselves Okies and wear the crimson and cream with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have been busy! Your kids are really cute. I definately think you should let them miss school to go to D.C. That would be so neat for them to get to go. I want to go!!!

    ReplyDelete