We stayed in old town Alexandria, which was nice in the evening, but far too busy mid-day. It was nice to walk around in, there was plenty of places to shop and eat, with a lot of variety.
Here are the kids in front of some city building, I have no idea what it is, so don't ask.
The Potomac river was just a couple blocks from our hotel, so we went down to the harbor, it was a beautiful area.
After a long day of walking around, we needed a rest. But as you can see, the kids couldn't get enough and sat at the window looking outside for a good long time.
Up next will be our trip to Arlington National Cemetery in the next day or two.
That hotel room is incredible and I have never heard of one supplying a "pet" for your stay. And you know your kids are getting a lot more out of this trip than they would have the last few days of the school year when learning has come to a screeching halt. Looks like you all are having a great time.
ReplyDeleteWe still have a month of school here (shhh! don't tell the kids that Oklahoma school gets out earlier). But I agree, I still think it was far more educational. Hopefully they remember it for years to come, cause that traffic up there is not something I want to deal with again any time soon.
ReplyDelete