Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Science Fair 2008

Tuesday evening was the science fair. In 3rd, 4th & 5th grades the kids do science projects and display them for friends and family. Payton did a great job (she got a 98%) & had a lot of fun.

Payton and Austin in the car on the way to the school, being silly as usual.

This mural was painted outside Payton's classroom by some high school students. It appears to not be finished quite yet.

Here is Payton with her science project. She tested the evaporation of different types of soda. I never did a science project as a child, so this was all new to me. Luckily I got a sneak preview of one of the neighbor kids projects so I knew what to expect & how it should look when complete.

This is Payton's gargoyle she made in art class. It was displayed in the commons area of her school. I do, honestly, think it was the best in display & truly quite scary.

6 comments:

  1. You know what it means when your kid is old enough to be part of the science fair.....it means YOU are getting old. This was Reece's first year for a science fair project too. Man those things are alot of work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know what you mean Mandy. But hopefully each year it is less work for us and more work for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not looking forward to the days where Lily and Cooper bring home project after project! I know it will start soon. Payton did a great job on her science project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the science fair days, and helping you kid work through the process. Then you get to the fair and there is an amazing project, like a little tornado in a glass vacuum that blows up a mini-farm on command. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW THE PROJECT LOOKS GREAT!! I THINK THAT WOULD BE JUDGED SOMEWHAT LIKE THIS.... THE SMACKING FROM THE TEACHER...GREAT JOB...SMACKING...LOVE THE WORK...SMACKING...
    DO YOU GET WHERE I AM GOING WITH THAT??? CLASS WITH ME YOU AND DAWN...SMACKING LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britt- I actually have no earthly idea what you are talking about, could you elaborate a bit? I don't remember much from high school, not sure why I have such a bad memory. But I do remember having a good time in business mgmt class with you. I am surprised we passed that class with what smart asses we were. I bet that teacher hated us. But what's with the "smacking"?

    ReplyDelete