Thursday, April 17, 2008

Camping Anxiety

This weekend is a long one for the kids, they are off school Friday for a "staff day." Gregg flies out to San Diego on Monday for a week, so what better time to go do something fun, like......... camping? We are driving down to a state park on Friday afternoon and plan on camping that night and then also Saturday evening.
There are electric hookups and running water and bathrooms, but I still feel that I'm leaving everything behind, like I'm going on that show Survivor or something. I've got a list about a hundred items long of things I feel I might or could need or want. I know I don't need 6 changes of clothes, but I feel compelled to be ultra prepared. We are going with two other families, there will be 6 adults and 8 children, so it could get really interesting. I will be sure to take some photos and post them when I have recovered from all the "fun."

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that I don't die without internet or television, or for that matter a big fluffy bed to sleep on for two nights, in a row. I camped one night in high school with Gregg's parents and seriously thought I was going to die. So I really need all the help I can get to make it through this "adventure" unscathed. Only because I'm not really the camping type.
I am going to try my best to look on the bright side and help my kids enjoy nature and everything it has to offer. Oh, and here's hoping that the weather holds up and the fishing is good.

What did I get myself into? (me, 1979)

6 comments:

  1. Camping is soooo fun we go all the time!! Just don't worry about being to clean (especially your kids) and you all will have a great time. Chad says we eat better when we camp than we do at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun camping. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW FUN!!! YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME AND I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE MORE BELONGINGS THAN YOU NEED. HAE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about your camping adventure!! I LOVE to camp we have camped ever since I can remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take lot's of pictures. You will have a great time. Looks like Payton is quite the student from the science fait pics! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love to camp! You will have a great time, I only hope it is warmer at night then it is here - take extra blankets, you'll need them more than the extra clothes. I love that picture of you!

    ReplyDelete