
Well, our first family camping trip was a huge success. We all had a great time. The company was good & there was a lot to do around the camp site. We fished, canoed and did some bike riding. I enjoyed the canoeing so much that I plan on buying one in the near future. I wish I would have gotten some photos of our canoeing trip down the river, it was the best part in my opinion and the views were magnificent. We also look forward to our next camping trip which hopefully will be soon, before the hot weather sets in.

The kids and Gregg went fishing on Saturday, everyone caught some fish and had a really good time. Payton caught the first fish of the day and wanted to keep it as a pet at home. I don't know where she got this idea, but I had to convince her that throwing it back into the river would be a better life for it. She put up quite a fight and had the waterworks flowing, eventually she gave in and threw him back.
The weather was beautiful all three days with 1 tiny shower as we were packing up the truck on Sunday. It got into the low 80's during the day and only into the mid 60's overnight, perfect camping weather.

Here is our setup. We thought it was a great idea to be close to the showers and bathrooms. Little did we know that because of this we'd hear people walking to and from them all hours of the night, that was a little creepy. The kids had their own tent and said they slept well, Gregg and I on the other hand weren't so lucky. I guess it just takes some getting used to. We won't be putting our tent this close to the bathrooms on future excursions.

The trees in this part of the country are really something to see. They are tall and skinny with very few branches and they seem to go on forever and touch the clouds.
This is the consolidated campsite where we all had meals and hung out around the campfire. We had a lot of good conversations with our friends right here. All in all there were 6 adults and 8 children. Not all the kids got along, but no one got hurt, can't ask for much more than that. The food was decent (edible, but total junk: hamburgers, hot dogs & such) and the drinks were plentiful.

And just to prove I was there, since I took all the photos, here I am, in our tent mid-day after a long morning & afternoon of biking, canoeing and baiting hooks. I made it through this first camping weekend and I am eagerly awaiting the next chance we'll get to do it all again.
LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME. YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME DOING THE TENT THING. I THINK I WILL STICK WITH STAYING IN MY PARENTS CAMPER. I DON'T REALLY DO THE BUG THING. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD FUN!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves!! I knew you would, and those campgrounds look beautiful!! My boys are all ready talking about camping over Memorial weekend, and they have a little while to wait!
ReplyDeleteI love camping! I am so glad you guys had a great time, and that the weather was beautiful. Sometimes the weather can make or break your trip.
ReplyDeleteHow fun. Great pics. I use to camp a lot as a kid, but haven't lately. I really would like to go with my family now.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a great time. What beautiful pictures....not quite what it looks like here in Oklahoma.
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful, Mandy. We do, however, very much look forward to moving back to Oklahoma again.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you guys had a good time! It does look beautiful there and when you come back to Oklahoma you can continue your camping tradition here :D I have to say, baiting hooks? I'm impressed. I would draw the line there.
ReplyDelete