Monday, February 11, 2008

One Windy Weekend...

So this weekend could have been beautiful be we had wind gusts hitting 60 mph on Sunday. Saturday and Sunday both were in the high 60's and low 70's. Thursday and Friday of last week we nearly hit 80* here, the sun was out and it was warm enough to give everyone a little spring fever. But today the cold smacked us back into February with a high of 34*. We had our usual weekend here of a bit of shopping and out to dinner on Saturday. Sunday we stayed home out of the wind, watched movies and had some yummy chocolate cake.


Gregg and Payton in the kitchen before we left, ready to shop till they drop. I am going to spare you all the nasty details of shopping with Gregg for new shoes (for him). We'll leave it at this: 4 stores, 2 1/2 hours and probably 400 pairs of shoes later, nothing. On a postive note, I had two pairs of new flip flops picked out within the first 10 minutes. A cute black leather pair of Clarks and some TH madras which were so cute with my jeans the next day. I don't think I'll go shoe shopping with Gregg ever again.


Here's a photo of the kids playing in Austin's room before we left on Saturday.


Gregg and I being stupid. You wouldn't believe how many photos like this we have.


A super cool closeup of Jolie. I am sure she was real thrilled about the flash.

Another of Gregg and I. I realized that in the photo above of us, I looked like a giant.


Sunday evening Gregg made a fire downstairs since it started to cool off outside. We use our fireplace downstairs all the time. The one upstairs in our bedroom, however, almost never gets used. I think it's just too much of a pain to lug firewood upstairs.


Here is Payton enjoying the fire.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PHOTOS. I JUST RELAXING WEEKENDS. YOU SHOP LIKE ME.... NEVER TAKES LONG. I LEARNED ALONG TIME AGO NO SHOPPING WITH GUYS. IT IS MY MOMMY TIME WHEN I GO SHOPPING SINCE I DON'T HAVE A LITTLE GIRL TO GO SHOPPING WITH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS, Chad is the exact same way when we shop for him and it is horrible. I am glad to hear I am not the only wife that has to endure the torture LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Mandy, I feel your pain. You'd think with as much as men hate shopping they'd want to be in and out of the store in a matter of minutes. But, I guess they just don't know what they want, that's why they need us women around, to tell them what they want. HA!

    ReplyDelete