Monday, January 3, 2011

Oregon Christmas Trip - Part 2

I had the great idea to take a picture while we were driving in the truck through Oregon on our way to Mike's house with my wide angle lens. Gregg started making a silly face so I went along, apparently the kids didn't get the memo.

I think it turned out pretty good!

There were some magnificent views along I-80.



I am amazed at how many times we had to gas up. Obviously this isn't in Oregon, you can't pump your own gas there. This must be in Nevada or Utah, since it is the second day of our travel.

Poor Payton she didn't enjoy the ride very much. Here Austin is trying to get some much needed sleep. We didn't get in to the hotel room at Salt Lake City until around 11PM. Then Gregg thought we needed to get up at the crack of dawn.
Who wants to get up early on vacation? Not me. Not Payton. Not Jolie. Not Austin. Hum...


We had to take away Jolie's food and water so there wouldn't be an accidents while in the truck. She was so hungry she started eyeing our snacks.

She even ate a couple Doritos, it was too cute.

Here are some free range horses we came upon in Oregon.

They were good looking, healthy horses too. Surprising with this type of landscape and weather.

While we made our way through no mans land in Oregon (seriously we went hundreds of miles without seeing a single person, home or business), we came upon a lady with a flat. Gregg got out to help as another man pulled up. It was a nice break.

Few of the roads were not so good, here is Gregg with the death grip on the wheel.

Oregon: absolutely beautiful.

Who knew? And it just got more and more beautiful the closer we got to Medford!

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed all these posts about your Christmas with the other Wasemillers in OR...the pics are just spectacular and looks like everyone had a very nice time. Thanks for the posts.

    ReplyDelete