Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dromoland Castle, Part 2

We spent the entire day of our Fifteenth Wedding Anniversary on the grounds at Dromoland Castle Hotel, where we stayed two nights. These pictures are from the late morning before our picnic lunch.

Here's Gregg at the entrance to the garden area.

It was beautiful here. I believe I took a few more photos later inside this garden.

I was trying to get a photo of both Gregg and I in this picture. I accidentally forgot to turn the timer on before pushing the button and got this picture of my legs instead.

I also managed to get this one, which I really like.

This French family (Mother, Father, two children) were beyond annoying. They could not control their kids for anything. At breakfast they ran around the dining room and complained. Then, when they'd want their kids to come to them, they would call them like dogs, with little clicky noises that just weren't working.
I just wanted to get a picture of them, wonder if they noticed?


Gregg spotted these carts and couldn't help himself.

We looked into getting the kids one when we returned, but can you believe they want six to eight HUNDRED dollars for one of these? crazy.
I'm not sure what is wrong with the color in this photo. The grass really wasn't neon green. I think I may have screwed up a setting on my camera, which I have since fixed. Who knows.

Gregg enjoyed himself though.

Can you tell? He's just a big kid really.



The owner of this car obviously can't read, or just doesn't care about no parking signs. I wonder if the car belongs to that stupid French family?

There was a falconry on the premises. I have more pictures of that later.

The weather was quite hot and dry while we were in Ireland, sometimes in the 90's. With no in ground sprinkler systems (because just how often would you need that in Ireland really), this man was doing his best to keep the grass watered.

The rest of these photos are just from our walk around the area before noon on June 21, 2010.



This is the rose garden on the side of the castle.



















I cannot wait to share the photos from our picnic lunch, it was a really delightful time.
smallhotpinkheartsignature

1 comment:

  1. I have so enjoyed looking at all your pictures. It looks like you had an AMAZING trip!!! Ireland is beautiful. I actually feel like I was with you...hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete