Monday, June 21, 2010 was Gregg and my 15th Wedding Anniversary. And we spent that day in the lap of luxury. The day was very eventful, so I have to break it up into parts.

Breakfast was delicious.

Another version of the standard full Irish breakfast.

After our breakfast we made out way back to the room and digested. We also took a bike ride through the trails that was less than thrilling for me. I compared the event to a bout with Mike Tyson at the time. It was beautiful, but exhausting because of the terrain. We visited the gift store there at the Dromoland Castle Hotel, but didn't purchase anything.

Gregg decided that renting a golf card and touring the estate would be a better way to see everything the area had to offer. The photos in this post are all from that short tour.

Note the Irish flag waving at the top of the Castle.



First place we made our way to was The Lily Pond. It was beautiful, and quiet.

Facing the other way from The Lily Pond, was The Temple of Mercury.

It was had a really beautiful wooden ceiling showing how it was built.

Between the two, was The Hermits Grotto. You can see it to the right of this photo.

Here's Gregg by The Hermits Grotto. We toured the grounds quite early in the morning so we were pretty much alone roaming.

I would love to know more about this structure and how long it has stood in this spot, but I haven't found any more information about it.

Here's the view from the inside. There were rocks forming the entire thing, including the ceiling/roof.

The grounds of Dromoland Castle Hotel were amazing and serene; touring them was the perfect way to spend a morning in Ireland.

I set the camera on a stone structure at the edge of The Lily Pond with the timer on. I had to run (barefoot I might add, so that I didn't trip on my sandal) to the center before the timer went off to get this shot.

Obviously I did this quite a few times. I needed to work off that full Irish breakfast anyway.

On our way back to land, we started hearing something hitting the leaves like rain. We didn't feel any sprinkles, but continued hearing it. Gregg figured out what it was when he got hit in the head. He got shot!

He made such a big deal out of this. To prove it, he picked up the shot.

Yup, Gregg got shot in Ireland. On a Lily Pond. Near a Hermits Grotto. At a Castle.

When the shot stopped falling from the sky, I ran back to the center to take this photo. The stone structure behind Gregg is where I sat my camera previously.

After Gregg got over being shot, we continued our tour of the Dromoland grounds. Later I will post pictures, and possibly a video from our row boat adventure on this lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment