Monday, June 7, 2010

Henry Doorly Zoo - Omaha

At the end of May I chaperoned a group of kids from Payton's class to the Henry Doorly Zoo. This is the best zoo I have ever been to and with all of the traveling we do, that's really saying something. We were there for something like five hours, so I was quite wore out by the time I made it back home. Here are just a few photos...

What a fun bunch! Here are the girls of the group... This was from the "desert dome." Here is the group I had for the day. They were all pretty good and I think they had a really good time. This tiger was a real ham. He would wave at people and smile for pictures. This was his mean face. The gorillas all looked incredibly sad. This kid was a riot, he wore these pink shades all day. Here is our touring group at the end of the day. I was SOOO tired. The zoo was really great, I look forward to taking the family sometime soon.

smallhotpinkheartsignature

3 comments:

  1. Love the tiger. That's crazy. It seems like most zoos I've been to, the animals are all hiding or too far away to see. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Hilary, if your family ever makes it up this way, this zoo is a must see in my honest opinion. Better than DC, Norfolk, OKC, San Antonio, Denver, and even the Bronx Zoo. I'm sure over my *almost* 33 years I've been to a few more, but none that rival Omaha.

    There is even a ski lift thing that travels over a lot of the exhibits. The place was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all had a nice time. These are times you both will never forget :)

    ReplyDelete