Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Old Market - Omaha

The weather here has been absolutely delightful these past few days. Saturday we decided to venture over to the Old Market section of Omaha. I took a few photos with my phone and thought I'd share...

This is a water way on the border of the Old Market area. This is in East Omaha, where all of the high rise buildings are, very much different from where we live.

These cement pads are not connected. We made sure to remind Austin to step over the cracks quite a few times. I'm still surprised that he didn't manage to fall in.

These carriages were available for tours. Although I don't see the point, the area isn't very big and there really isn't all that much to see. There were a lot of restaurants and some vintage shops, but that's about it. Maybe 20 blocks total, manageable on foot easily. But the horses were happily munching on oats I presume.

Here Gregg was reading up on these arches. I was distracted by Payton's choice of outfit.

Here's Austin posing by some sort of street art. It reminded me of the decorated dolphin in NC and the decorated mermaids in VA.

Payton took a photo of Gregg and I. While we were out we happened across the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau. We got some good maps and some information about popular tourist attractions in the area while there.

This park area was near where we parked. It was crowded with all sorts of people. Most of which were on the sketchy side, so I don't believe we'll be going back to this park again...

The kids enjoyed these huge slides though. Kids were carrying around wax paper and plastic sheeting to slide down the slide on, apparently those items make you got faster?
smallhotpinkheartsignature

3 comments:

  1. Wax paper does make you go faster and I have a scar to prove it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you never used wax paper to slide faster? Where did you grow up? Just kidding.

    I also laughed at your comment about your daughters choice of outfits because when I was scrolling down I did a double take on those tights! To funny!

    ReplyDelete