When you move, things get broken, that's just the way it is. However, when we moved this last time things went really well until the driver of the moving truck decided to pick up my nightstand and drop it on the cement right in front of the house. Needless to say I was just a little upset. Of course he thought the damage was slim to none, but it was easy to see that the front corner of the nightstand was bashed in and I was not too happy.
Yesterday the furniture repair people came out while I was in classes. Gregg was at home with the kids since it was a holiday and he took care of the whole thing. When I came home I was so upset to hear that my nightstand was hauled away for repair that I nearly started crying. I didn't know what I was going to do without that piece of furniture.
Gregg offered to move his matching one over to my side of the bed, but that wouldn't help anything since then he would be inconvenienced. I do use my nightstand a lot. I load it up with lip balm, books, remote controls, ear plugs (I'm a light sleeper), chocolate bars on occasion, and I was just upset that I had no place for my things.
Anyway, after all has died down and I have given in to the fact that I will be inconvenienced for at least a week and a half, I go upstairs to find this:
Actually I got a big chuckle over your story!! That is hilarious!!
ReplyDelete