Saturday, August 22, 2009

We Got The House!!

The deal is done and the house is ours, but still no orders in hand. Lets hope that all works out.

Now let me explain this photo. We are such excited dorks, last night we actually measured out all of our furniture and made little flat paper furniture to scale to use on the blueprints we obtained of the new house. Just so we could plan on where furniture would go. We are all just SO excited, I just know that the next 2 months is going to drag by now that we have something so awesome to look forward to. I never look forward to a move, so this says something.

The military provides for the whole move, they hire movers, they come into your home, box up your stuff, transport it, move it into your new house, and unpack it all too if you want. They try to make it easier for us. I cannot imagine having to do all that work myself, it would be such a pain.

The house is in the Savannah Shores neighborhood. It looks to be a really nice place and they even have their own school. It is just 11 houses down the street, so the kids will be able to walk or ride their bikes to school. If it weren't for Bing Maps and also Google Earth, choosing a house (from 1400 miles away) wouldn't have been so easy. It's going to be nice to get back to the Midwest. I just can't wait!
smallhotpinkheartsignature

3 comments:

  1. This pic of Gregg looks like my dad when he was Gregg's age...OMG, that is eerie. Of course, Grandpa was a bit shorter and had curlier hair then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures. If you are a dork for mapping out where your furniture is going to go...then I'm a big dork with you. I've never gone as far as using the blueprints but I normally map everything out before we even make an offer. I'm glad you guys have this part of the move out of the way...now where are those dang orders?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they get a lot of snow in Omaha? The kids will probably love to commute to school then. :) I must say - what a fun idea to plan you new home with "to scale" furniture. I hope the move goes smooth and you get those orders soon.

    ReplyDelete