Friday, August 21, 2009

Flashback Friday

In 2005, Payton went with Gregg on board the USS Cape St. George for their Family Day Cruise. Austin was too young to participate, so I stayed home with him. I had been on one of these cruises, on the USS Nassau, before we had children anyway. I thought I'd share a few of the photos because they are just so darn cute. I made Payton a little pair of coveralls trying to match her dads, though I couldn't find them in the right color she was the belle of the ball anyway. She even had Captain rank patches because, well, she's just that important. HAHA

Here is Gregg's Captain with Payton in HIS Captain chair.

They left *very* early in the morning, and Payton was so excited the night before that she did need a short nap. Also she had a bout of sea sickness while on board, but isn't she just too cute sleeping?!



Gregg was the Navigator on board, so this is where he spent most of his time. I think this photo is just so cute because he's doing his usual work, keeping the ship on course, while Payton is coloring in her coloring book. =o)
Aren't they just too cute together in their matching coveralls. None of us will probably ever set foot back onto a US Navy Vessel. But I've got the pictures to say we've been there and done that, many times over.

smallhotpinkheartsignature

5 comments:

  1. What a fun time Payton got to spend with her daddy. I do love her overalls, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wasn't trying to say that I made her the actual overalls. I purchased them and put on all the patches so that she'd kindof match.

    I'm *so* not talented with the sewing, it's just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those picture are so great! What a neat experience for her! Love the coveralls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great memories! BTW you are not being pushy - I just have to get the tape to Annie (she has a machine that will transfer it to DVD). I did need the reminder, so I'll see if we can't get on it.

    ReplyDelete