For Fathers Day, I got Gregg a lift kit for his truck. It arrived a little late, since I had to get his opinion on which type of lift he wanted, but he installed it yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure if you can tell a difference in the before and after photos, but just pretend you can for Gregg's benefit.

Before the lift, with the average 4x4 Tacoma stance.

Here's Gregg doing some creative rigging to jack his truck up. I guess I need to get him a new, bigger, jack sometime soon.

He got some sort of adjustable shocks for the front of the truck, and some block things for the back. Here he is installing the blocks on the back of the truck.

And here is my dirty guy after the whole thing was said and done. While he was doing this, I smoked a pork butt out back, which turned out absolutely delicious by the way.

Here's Gregg's truck with the lift installed. He is really happy with how it turned out.
Later we went for a dip in the pool, sat in the garage and drank margaritas while he looked at his newly lifted truck & then attempted to eat ourselves into a coma. It was a good day.
sounds like a good day! and i can TOTALLY tell the lift...he's big pimpin' for sure!!! (or should i have said "fo sho")
ReplyDelete:-)
You've always been such a great mechanic, etc...Gregg. Glad you had a nice Father's Day.
ReplyDelete