At the kids school they have a talent contest called "ROFO Idol", you know, like American Idol but at Rosemont Forest. Payton decided to play her violin this year and made it to the final round. I was unable to make it to the semifinals, so she gave us a show in the family room. The song is "The Can Can" (from Orpheus in the Underworld) by Jacques Offenbach. I doubt you can tell, but she is playing without sheet music. It gets a little hairy at the end, she just learned the ending earlier this week and is still ironing it out.
On a side note: HOORAY!! My spring semester is over. I had my last final this morning. I have a whole week off before I start my one and only Summer class, microeconomics (yuck). I just finished macroeconomics this semester - hopefully this class less boring, doubtful though.
Regarding our move to Nebraska. The military claims that they are out of funds, so we (the kids and I) cannot move this summer as planned. Therefore the kids cannot start school on time, which really stinks, and I am going to have to take a semester off. Gregg should have orders early October, for our NOVEMBER move. We ARE moving, just not until later. Maybe if the government would quit with the bailouts, people wouldn't be so inconvenienced. I'm just letting off steam.
Wow Payton, very impressive girl!!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if the lack of funds were affecting those in the states as well. Here in Sicily, there have been tons of delays and some very unhappy people!!
Best of luck to ya!
I can't believe how good she has gotten this year!! Sorry you don't get to move as soon as you would like...I'm sure everything will work out for the best.
ReplyDelete