Tuesday, the kids and I made our way to the National Air and Space Museum, for something like my the fourth time, Payton's second or third, and Austin's first or second (who is keeping track, neither of them remembered the place anyway). I was less than enthused to be going there again, but Payton was quite excited, so we went anyway. All of these photos are out of order, just so you know.
Here are the kids outside one of the buildings in the DC Mall. This photo was on our way back to the car after our museum visit.
Because I'm such a good mom, we had Krispy Kreme doughnuts for lunch that day. Austin doesn't look so excited about it in this photo, but he really was quite happy with lunch.
Payton enjoyed watching the doughnuts being made.
That evening the kids and Gregg took a dip in the pool at the hotel. They told me it was warm, so the following day I ventured in. Obviously their definition of warm is different than mine, the water was not remotely warm.

Here are the kids at the Air and Space Museum. Payton really liked the Space part, not so much on the Air stuff though. She did think that some of the military aircraft were alien spaceships and her amazement was priceless when I told her that they were real military aircraft that are used regularly, she totally thought I was lying.

I had forgotten to get my DSLR out of the trunk on the way downtown to the museum, so the quality of photos isn't so good. Parking downtown is horrific, so I wasn't about to have the kids and I walk all the way back to the car to get it out, my point and shoot would have to do.
That's not all, there is still more to come...
Sounds like a very fun trip!!
ReplyDelete