Monday, January 5, 2009

Watermelon Pink No More

Gregg and I have been making lists of things we need to do before we put the house on the market this spring. One of those things was to get rid of the horrid pink paint in Payton's room. She picked it out when she was 5 and I hated it from the very first stroke.

I cannot stand painting, so we just dealt with it for the past 5 years. I've done more than my fair share of painting in this house, with 10 rooms (some painted 3 and 4 times each until I had the *right* color) and a two story entryway.

Anyway, here are the before and after photos...


If I remember correctly, this was on her 6th birthday. Think it's pink enough?

Here's Gregg lounging around, soaking up the frills in Payton's room.

It took me all day to paint her room while the kids were at school. The color is grey, a neutral, maybe it won't be such an eyesore for the prospective buyers.

She loves it. I had to take the photos before she got home, otherwise the room would be torn apart had I waited.

She's not usually one for neutral colors, or *boring* colors as she likes to put it, but this time she actually likes the grey, it is "more grown up" as she said.

The walls in the entry way are not grey too, they are "trench coat khaki" but you can't really tell the difference in the photo because of the lighting.
School for the kids started back up today & I was glad. Too bad I only have this week before my classes start back up again.
So much to do and so little time...

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you painted the entire room in a day!! I really hate to paint...I really, really hate to take everything off the walls and put it back. The grey looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain - Katie once had a deep purple room - it wasn't great, and I usually love color. I think she had been out of the house several years before I finally painted over it! The gray looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete