Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday, Those Were The Days...

When Gregg graduated from the University of Oklahoma he did what everybody does, he bought a giant TV and a new car. It was a C5 Corvette and it was the most beautiful car I've ever seen to this day. It was fun to drive and really could make a bad day better. We purchased it while still in Oklahoma and drove it and my car to Virginia when we moved here. We assumed we'd get a lot of tickets in this car, that's why the personalized tag to the left. The police never bothered us even once, which is still surprising to me.

He swears that he's going to buy another one just like it when he retires. I seriously doubt that though. Surely he'll find something else he likes by then, though it's not that far off, 6 years this July. Just in time for a mid-life crisis!

This is how she spent most of her time, covered in the garage. I think after we moved here it got drove, maybe 3 times a month, just enough to warm up the tires. It was paid for and just collecting dust, so we sold her. I think Gregg regrets selling it every single day. He still points out corvettes on the road, and ours was always in better condition than the ones he sees.
Here is Gregg and Payton on the day that the buyer came to pick it up. Some guy drove hours and hours to Virginia just to buy this car. I cried when I saw someone else drive away in it. But, that much cash just sitting in the garage, depreciating and collecting dust is such a waste. Too bad they don't put two tiny little seats in the back, then we could have driven it more, but then it it also wouldn't be a 'vette.

2 comments:

  1. Love the tag...don't remember seeing it...oh well, I don't remember much anymore..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he does miss that car. I enjoyed your last couple of posts. That is pretty neat to have the President visit!-and the Poe museum looks interesting. There are lots of historical places around here I hope we get the chance to visit.

    ReplyDelete