Gregg picked the bat pumpkin. He decided to use a dremel tool to get the orange skin off the pumpkin for the moon background, hoping that it would glow a little. It made quite the mess doing this, check out his arm and shirt.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Trick or Treat - 2008
We had a wonderful Halloween yesterday. Everything went smoothly and the kids loaded up with candy. Here are a few photos from the evening.
I painted the pumpkins to make it easier for them to know where to carve. The red sections were to come out and the black was to stay. Here Payton is beginning on the house pumpkin.

Austin isn't very good with sharp tools, so his job was to clean off all the pumpkin seeds for roasting later.
Here is the finished product with flash...
And the finished product without.
Austin wanted to dress as Frankenstein and Payton was a bumble bee again.
I decided to be silly and dress up to hand out candy. I was a cat, you can't see my long tail though. We didn't have many trick or treaters, so we have about half of our treats left. I made a ton of snacks for the evening that were all Halloween themed, but I failed to take photos. We had witch finger cookies, cocktail mummies & some other items, they were so cute. Later that night we stayed up and watched "The Strangers" - it was scary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute costumes and I love those pumpkins! Glad you guys had a great Halloween.
ReplyDeleteGreat pumpkin carving! I haven't let my kids carve yet, we just stick to the painting. Loved all of your costumes, too cute!
ReplyDeleteYou got pretty serious about your pumpkin carving. They look great! The costumes are cute. The flashback bumble-bee was really cute too!
ReplyDeleteI especially love the pumpkins - and using power tools on them - you guys know what you are doing! I really like the kiddos costumes, too, but I really love the flashback photos from when they were littler (?) adorable!
ReplyDelete