Saturday, August 2, 2008

You Get What You Pay For...

I was feeling lazy the other day and asked Payton if she'd wash my car for me. I told her I'd pay her $5 to do it, so she jumped at the chance to double her weekly allowance in a matter of hours. It must have been 95* outside. About half way through the wash, I went to check on her and ended out doing most of the work. Here are some photos from before I got all dirty.

Everyone knows when I show up, you can't miss the OU tag in Virginia.

The car looks clean already, but believe me, it was dirty. It hadn't been washed since before our trip to Philly.


She's such a cutie & a very good kid I might add. I think she tried pretty hard to get it clean, but it was just sooooo dirty.


This was right as she started washing, two hours later she looked even less thrilled.

Gregg got a flat on his motorcycle earlier this week and had to find a way to transport the bike home. So Gregg goes searching craigslist for a motorcycle ramp so he can carry his bike in his truck. After a lot of searching and having me make phone calls to a few b&m stores, we decided to measure and his bike & come to find out, it won't really fit into the bed of his truck safely, so back to craigslist he went searching, but this time it was for a trailer.

He found a trailer for a steal, $100. It was out in Suffolk, so that evening we went to check it out. Gregg ended out buying it and we brought it home that evening. He talked and talked about what a great deal he got & I believed him until he took it apart and started talking about fixing it up.

Yesterday he spent 3 hours outside scraping paint and brushing off rust & today he's been out there more than 5 hours and he's still not done. He still has to wash, dry, prime and paint the thing and put it all back together. Then buy new wood for the railing and floor, so It very well might have been cheaper to buy a brand new trailer. Oh well, you live and you learn.

And speaking of our trip to Philly, we got our T-shirts Friday, finally. We tried to get some while there and they were sold out the first night of trials, so we had to order them online from the hotel that evening with free shipping. So, 6 weeks later, we got our shirts. Here's Payton modeling hers.

The moral of this long post:

The cheap ends out expensive... at least in my experience.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she washed the car for hours. What a little worker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a little worker you've got there - You know she deserved a big tip ! :) What you know what they say about bargains - if you think you got a good one, you probably didn't.

    ReplyDelete