Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thirty-one years and counting...

Here are a few photos I thought I'd share...


Don't I look sweet? It was all an act.

Me putting curlers in my father's hair. He looks real thrilled. Love the awesome 70's outfits.


Here I am in my first bikini - with my dads father in the background. Just check out that carpet, that was some really ugly stuff.

Obviously I had some drinks before this photo was taken, I look way too happy to be hanging out with my dad.

Payton and I at the mall ice skating while Gregg was deployed. They do this every year outside one of our local malls & it's quite fun.

Austin taking a nap on me when he was little at my dad's house on vacation. I just loved those cute little pumas he had on. I wonder where those are now?

And a photo of me with my favorite person in the whole world. This was taken in the backyard after a day of yard work as you can see from my 'fro.

I don't feel 31 years old, it's amazing how that happens. When the day comes that I stop getting carded, you might want to run for the hills. ha ha

Gregg totally surprised me today with a really great gift!! He got us tickets to the United States gymnastics Olympic trials in Philly!! He made reservations at 4 different hotels and printed out photos (including the four seasons & ritz carlton - which we decided upon - and let me pick) I can't believe he thought this up himself. Payton and Austin got me a cookbook (which I had hinted around about), but OMG! Olympic Trials!! I can't wait. They are Next Friday and Sunday. Our friends, Heather & Trace are keeping our kids for 3 nights while we are there. I am totally going to owe them since they have 3 kids of their own. I'm a bit worried about the kids, but it's going to be awesome!!

I wish it was this weekend, waiting is going to be horrific!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!!! You look soooo good, you'll probably look the same at 41! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Let me add, that you never feel old on the inside even when you are fifty-something:) but the body reminds me everyday. Have fun at the Olympic Trials - how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it weird how we never feel like we age, but the years keep adding on? Now we aren't thirty we are in our thirties!! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Late Birthday! I am always trying to leave a message and it will never let me. Your family is so cute! Glad ya'll are doing well. I love this blog thing and keeping up with everyone. I just need to post more!!!

    ReplyDelete