That very same fool sent Gregg $500 as a deposit for his old 2000 Tacoma, to hold it for him so we thought it was a done deal. Well, wouldn't you know, the guy he was selling it to (he was the middleman) supposedly had a heart attack and wasn't sure he'd want the truck after all. So now, somehow, we are a two truck family, not to mention a car and motorcycle on top of that.
Here she is the day he got her before we took the pinstripes off. Those of you that don't know, I have utter disgust for pinstripes on any vehicle newer than 1986, so they had to come off. Not to mention that there were two of them, one being silver & the other red. What the heck is with that?
You can see my car in the background, it has been our main family transportation for the past almost year that I've had it after my last car got demolished by two teens that stole their parents car, slammed into my beemer and then fled the scene on foot. Man I miss the way that car handled on the curves. Here she is after the pinstripes were taken off. Today we drop her off to get the windows tinted and some undercoating stuff put on and a paint sealant. This truck is all high style compared to Gregg's beast he had before. It had roll up windows and no auto door locks, it was painful going places in that thing. It was a real shock to the system compared to my Acura with it's hands free audible commands, integrated blue tooth and navigation.
Gregg picked this color out, it's called indigo ink & is by far the prettiest blue I've ever seen on a vehicle.
I'm all about white vehicles with black accents, my last two have both been this way, so blue is a HUGE stretch for me. If you were to speak to my children or friends, you'd know that I'm not about color, I'm "boring" according to Payton because I love white & khaki. But I have a feeling that if you don't want to wear hot pink with sparkles, to her, you're automatically "boring". In which case, I'm OK with being boring.
It's a 2008 Toyota Tacoma, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, TRD, SR5, short bed with all the usual bells and whistles. Well, excluding the ones that I didn't really want when we bought my car, but now somehow think I need. HA
(Ignore the grass which obviously needed cut in this photo, must have rained a lot this week.) And here is the other truck that sits in our driveway taking up space. If you know anyone that wants or needs a 2000 Tacoma, please have them call me. I can't wait to never have to see this thing again, but if you're wanting to buy it, it runs great & has no problems mechanically.
UPDATE!! 6/13/08 - What a wonderful Friday the 13th this has turned out to be! The 2000 tacoma sold today!! YEAH!!
I had forgotten this was even Friday the 13th! Beautiful new pickup, and by the way, I also love white vehicles. I think it is because they stay looking cleaner, even when they go without a bath for a long time (which mine do!) And neigher of us could be considered boring, I'm sure :D
ReplyDelete