Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blarney Stones & The First Mow of the Season

This weekend was quite typical for us. Friday Payton stayed with a friend and the rest of us sat around, ate pizza and watched movies. Saturday we drove up to Newport News, VA and did a little shopping, ate dinner and headed back home later in the evening.

Sunday, we got up late, had breakfast, read the newspaper and watched another movie. Quite typical until around 4pm we made blarney stones since tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. If you haven't made these before, there is a recipe below.

Around 5pm G decided it would be an awesome idea to mow the lawn. I don't know why this was needed, as it is still March and the grass is just starting to grow, but I have now come to the conclusion that obviously it was necessary. Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice St. Patrick's Day with loads of corned beef and green beer.


Payton is usually one to love getting sticky and goopy, not today.

G and Payton making a real mess.


The finished product, 10 delicious Blarney Stones ready for consumption.
Recipe:
1 box Twinkies
1 can vanilla icing
1 can chopped peanuts
1 bottle marshmallow whip
Mix icing and marshmallow whip together with a few dots of green food coloring. Spread top and sides of 1 Twinkie and place in shallow bowl of chopped peanuts, spread bottom (which is facing up now) with icing mixture and then cover completely with peanuts. Ta-Da, Blarney Stones.

The kids playing on the trampoline while G mow's the yard.

3 comments:

  1. I love this blarney stone recipe!! The twinkies are such a good idea, I might actually try that with my kids sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I think blarney stones are an oklahoma thing, since moving from there I've never met anyone who makes these things. If you do make them, I would love to hear how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blarney stones look sooooo yummy!!! I know St. Patrick's Day is over, but I might have to try and make them this weekend. I am VERY challenged when it comes to cooking, but I will see if I can pull these off.

    ReplyDelete