Monday, January 28, 2008

Beach Living

We love this area. Being close to the beaches is so nice. We live about 4 miles from the beach but we don't go there because it's so crowded. We often drive down to Corolla, NC where the water is so much clearer and it is a 4WD beach so you can drive miles and miles in your vehicle, park wherever you'd like and set up camp for the day. We usually drive almost all the way back up to the NC/VA line and hang out there for hours on end. We bring a grill, beach toys, lawn chairs, food, drinks, and beer. The kids play in the sand and surf and sometimes wild horses walk by. We lay out and get tan. It's a magnificent sight. It is like heaven on earth.





Here are a few photos of the area we live in. It is beautiful and green and alive, unlike much of Oklahoma. We really love it here, the people are wonderful and there are loads of kids for our children to play with.





I have no idea where we were going when this photo was taken but I thought it was just too funny how Payton was in the background being a dork.


Here are all of the local neighborhood kids before the first day of school back in September. They are each holding up the number of fingers that corresponds to what grade they are entering.



Payton and her close friends at the bus stop before the first day of school this year.



This is one of Payton's birthday presents from when she turned 9. She was very excited but we made her learn to ride it in the grass. Unfortunately this scooter has been nothing but problems since we purchased it. I think it has been running right maybe a month out of the last 4 she's had it. If you are thinking of buying one of these, DON'T!



This is our beautiful cat, Jolie. She is just the best cat in the world. We love her SO much.




I just had to include this photo from the airshow this last summer because it makes me laugh every time I see it. Gregg and Stewie from "Family Guy". SO STINKING FUNNY!



Here are a couple photos of the kids and myself when leaf raking time came around back in November. They don't like helping, but that's why we had them... cheap labor.



3 comments:

  1. Hi. Good to hear from you. Your kids are too cute as well. I am so jealous of where you live. It looks so beautiful and like so much fun! Glad to see you and your family are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family and the area you live it looks gorgeous!! Tell Greg I said hi, and I look forward to looking at your blog more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a nice surprise to hear from you. Aren't these blogs the best so you can catch up with old friends. You have two precious children and it looks like you are all very happy. I'm glad things are going great for you.

    ReplyDelete