Today is the first day of school here in Papillion, Nebraska. I took some quick pictures of the kids as we rushed out the door and thought I'd post them along with a couple pictures of the house from earlier last week.
It's hard to believe we've only been here for a year and a half. We're half way through this tour with only one more remaining.
Unfortunately Winter is right around the corner and the beautiful blue Nebraska sky will be replaced with coldness and blistering wind. I'm less than thrilled.
Here are the kids together waiting for us to leave. Payton started Junior High today, which is about 4 miles away and I'm the drop off parent, so I pick up Payton's friend Bailey and drop them off and her mother picks them up each day. I think it's going to work out smashing.
Austin still goes to our neighborhood elementary school, which is a whole 13 houses away. But I have to drop him off and pick him up in person each day so that he doesn't hound other kids for things or raid our neighbors garages.
I know I'm biased, but I think Payton is quite the pretty girl.
Austin looks less than thrilled about being up this early. He is starting 5th grade this year and has the same teacher Payton did. Since Summer break started our wake up time has slowly crept to the 10 o'clock hour, so 7 AM will take a little adjustment.
Here's to a great school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment