After a long, relaxing day on the grounds at Dromoland, we had to prepare for our Anniversary Dinner. The Irish climate was really messing with my hair so that didn't work out as planned, but I loved my dress.

Gregg snapped this photo of me while I was getting ready.

Then we set up the camera trying to get a photo of us together before we left.


The menu changes each day there at Dromoland. I was rather happy with the choices for our Anniversary dinner.


We tried to be sneaky about taking photos in the dining room, my cell phone didn't do a great job, but you get the idea.

This was a delicious little bite of duck confit terrine.

Looks like Gregg liked his.

My appetizer: Warm lobster and potato salad with garlic and shallot puree and tarragon pesto.

Here's Gregg's appetizer: Warm salad of roast quail, mango and mint.

Soup course: My mushroom and herb soup.

Gregg had the apricot and peach schnapps sorbet since he hates mushrooms.

My entree: The pan-fried fillet of cod, roast & pureed cauliflower, french beans, with toasted almond and bacon vinaigrette.

Gregg had the Duo of roast burren lamb, cutlet and loin, gratin potatoes, aubergine caviar, ragout of peppers and capers, with jus court.

This was my dessert, creme brulee with a raspberry coulis and basil ice cream.

Gregg had the taster dessert. Left to right: ice cream over fresh berries I think, raspberries with cream and chocolate bars, and molten chocolate lava cake.

After dessert we had coffee and tea with a nice selection of petits fours.

We were so stuffed, that was a huge meal!

We had drinks after dinner because they had some traditional Irish music being played in the bar at the hotel. Guinness really fills me up, it's like a meal to me, so I had a dirty martini - my favorite. Gregg had a Guinness of course, because liquids do not fill him up somehow.

The waiter took a nice photo of us while we waited for a table to free up in the bar.

The things on the wall on pedestals are porcelain dogs. I thought that was strange.

They were everywhere, on all of the walls. In the center of the photo, the man in the blue shirt, he was playing and singing. Not as good as our evening in Cork, but still pretty neat.

No idea what I was looking at. I do remember that I thought I was going to die I had eaten so much earlier.

And here's my handsome husband, what a wonderful meal. 3 hours, 6 courses and drinks afterward with Irish music. Absolutely an awesome anniversary.
No comments:
Post a Comment