Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Cliffs of Moher
After checking in to Dromoland Castle Hotel we decided to get some of our sightseeing done that evening so that we could spend our Anniversary relaxing at the hotel the entire day. The only thing left on our agenda in Clare County was the Cliffs of Moher. The Cliffs were by far the most amazing sight of our trip and from the 200+ pictures I took while there I have narrowed it down a bit for this post.
The drive from Newmarket-on-Fergus to the Cliffs of Moher was very unassuming, just like this walk was.
But very quickly your breath was taken away from the grandness of it all.




This tower was built by someone in the late 1800's as a way to profit from the amazing views. We didn't go inside, but as you can see, may people did.

I imagine that the views from on top this tower weren't all that much better than mine from the ground.
But who knows?





There were hundreds upon hundreds of stairs here.
After going to the side where the tower was, we headed over to the other side to get more of the spectacular views.





On this side there was no wall to guard you from the edge. Being the adrenaline junky that I am, I couldn't get close enough to the edge. I always felt there was something better to be seen no matter how close to the edge I was. Gregg wasn't having it though, he kept a tight grip on my shirt while I took pictures. I don't think this was for my benefit, I believe he was scared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOW!!! Every picture was like a beautiful postcard!! I can't imagine the beauty of actually being there. I have really enjoyed all your pictures. Looks and sounds like you had an amazing time!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics!!
ReplyDelete