Monday, March 22, 2010

We Are Going To IRELAND!

Gregg is such a sneaky fellow.

He often surprises me with trips, but never as well as he did this time. Saturday evening we were at dinner at Granite City and dinner was over, when Gregg handed me a brown paper bag wrapped package. He had told me a few minutes earlier that he had a surprise for me, inside the package was two travel books on Ireland! Never in my wildest of dreams would I have thought we'd be going to IRELAND for our 15th wedding anniversary. He totally caught me off guard with this trip!

Gregg made all of our reservations yesterday. The flights are booked, rental car (we'll be driving around to see most of the castles in Ireland), and he also made all of the room reservations. We will have 6 nights in Ireland, visiting Dublin, Cork, Killoglin, & Limerick (among the larger towns). I am very much looking forward to the castles, full Irish breakfasts, lush green rolling hills, spending time with my honey, enjoying the change of scenery, and the delicious Irish beer.

Granite City turned out to be a mighty fine brewery and food destination. We even brought, what they call a "growler," home with us.

The "growler" holds 6 pints of whatever beer you'd like to fill it with. We had ours filled with their delicious stout. We drank the entire thing on Sunday while making all the decisions about this trip.

He splurged a tad bit on the two nights we are staying at Dromoland Castle, but the place is amazing & you can only share your 15th anniversary once!

HERE is the link to the Dromoland Castle site, they have some amazing video. I am going to have SO many photos to share when we get back! Now the hard part, waiting until JUNE to leave.
smallhotpinkheartsignature

3 comments:

  1. All I have to say is "I"M JEALOUS"! That would be an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap!!! You are one lucky girl!! NOW THAT IS A SURPRISE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete