Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Thoughts On New Place

I thought I would make a list of what I do and don't care for about this area, just so I don't forget when we finally start looking at our last and final place of residence in just over 5 years from now.
  • I like that this house is about twice the size of the old place but I don't like that it is so open. It makes for a hard time with furniture arrangement.
  • I like the laundry room being on the main floor, much more convenient to keep the laundry in check.
  • I LOVE the laundry chute, don't know how I had lived in a 2 story without one before.
  • I like the five car garage. Although I think Gregg has about filled it up with new toys.
  • I like the office area, very nice and spacious.
  • I LOVE the huge master closet, seriously I never thought we'd have a closet that had extra room in it, never.
  • I really like the oven here, it heats up faster than any oven I've ever used. So awesome!
  • I LOVE that the kids can walk to school & if they forget something there, they can go back and get it themselves. No more last minute trips in the car to school because someone forgot a piece of paper!
  • The deep sink in the kitchen and the laundry room are awesome. I can cook and cook and cook and it doesn't really fill up too much that I have to stop and wash dishes before I'm done cooking.
  • I LOVE all the windows, with the view outside at night it is really beautiful.
  • I like the basement. Although I wish it were better organized and finished. Carpet and paint are coming, when it thaws. HA
  • I like the super wide staircase, made taking our furniture upstairs a cinch.
  • I LOVE that I live miles and miles from "town". Although having to drive 3 miles to get gas or hit up the grocery store doesn't make for any quick trips.
  • I really like all the sporting good stores in the area. Scheels, Cabella's, Dick's, and Bass Pro all with in 15 miles, it is awesome. Scheels is the best though, there is even a Ferris wheel inside!

  • I HATE the black granite in the kitchen, no matter how clean it is or when you last cleaned it, it always looks dirty.
  • I very much dislike the oak wood throughout. Nothing screams ugly to me like oak trim.
  • I dislike the wood floors. I'm not sure if it because of the color of the wood or just the cold feeling it gives to the house.
  • I don't like the cook top. It isn't powerful enough; I think our final stove will be a viking. I'm sure Gregg loves to hear that. HA
  • I don't like it that the back yard isn't fenced in. This really annoys me even though it's been too cold to venture outside.
  • I don't care for the high ceilings here either. They tend to make the space feel empty to me.
  • I HATE the weather here.
  • I don't like the fireplaces here. They don't heat the rooms so I guess they are only for looks. Although the one in my bedroom does a fine job. The family room is just too open for that fireplace to do ANY good.
  • I dislike my commute to UNO. Too far, too boring and Omaha is ugly. Parking at UNO is a beast. Seriously why should there be only enough parking spots for 10% of the student body? And no computers in the business school building? What kind of redneck college is this?
  • I wish the back deck was larger. I was spoiled at the last place apparently.
  • Did I mention the weather? It really stinks. I will NEVER live somewhere this cold EVER again.

I am sure there is more, just can't think of them now. I will be sure to make another list when more issues pop up. Papillion isn't home yet, but things are slowly getting more like home around here. I miss the beach every single day & our friends and neighbors too.
smallhotpinkheartsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment