Monday, August 31, 2009

I Love A Rainy Night

... and occasionally, a rainy day too.

I don't know how many of you know who Eddie Rabbitt was, but much of my childhood was wasted away in the back of my dad's '55 Chevy Bel Air hot rod listening to an 8 track of Eddie Rabbitt's music, most memorably, "I Love A Rainy Night" and "Drivin' My Life Away", after hitting up the local Braum's for ice cream late on a sunny Sunday evening.

How I miss that slow, simple life.


Today's rain (and abnormally cool weather, 68 degrees currently), has given me the excuse to not go out and run errands or do the grocery shopping.

Instead I spent my morning, so far, buying a new macro & wide angle lens for my DSLR, and wasting time shopping online for pretty much nothing I need.

I plan on continuing my lazy streak today (because lets face it, if I go out into the rain, I WILL melt), by reading a good book & maybe watching some television that has been saved on the DVR for months now.


Isn't a rainy day lovely?!
smallhotpinkheartsignature

5 comments:

  1. I would love to be in your shoes todsy. And I love the picture of you and your dad in your previous post! I am beginning to think of your dad as my favorite Woodward Public Schools employee. If you need something done he is the man to contact! And honestly the whole house plans little furniture thing! Really? Seriously? I have never heard of someone doing this before! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so singing that song in my head before I even started reading your post. Thanks...I'm going to be singing it all day now! I love rainy days..really love them when I can stay in and be lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post...i sometimes pray for "rainouts" so we can just hang out at the house with just the family. i miss going on drives with my parents and getting ice cream. those were simpler times...
    and i love both those songs, too!

    ReplyDelete