Thursday, July 16, 2009

Corova Beach, NC

Wednesday Gregg took off work and we made the trip to our favorite beach in North Carolina. I took an enormous amount of photos since I thought this might be our last trip to Corova Beach. The weather was perfect and we had a great time.



Once again, we saw some horses on the beach, taking in some sun and sand. There is talk of transplanting these horses somewhere else. I cannot imagine this beautiful place without these horses. Not to mention that they seem to be thriving here anyway.


The kids walked the beach trying to find shells.


How I will miss this place.







Little Miss Payton, growing up faster than we'd like.


Gregg and Payton racing.





Time to bury Gregg!


Gregg had the kids place these buckets around him because he was afraid someone wouldn't see his head popping out of the sand, and run him over.


They did a really good job, huh?!


Later, Gregg buried the kids together in that same huge hole. He said that Austin was tickling Payton under the sand.





We had a good section of the beach to ourselves.





Gregg, Payton and I all got quite the sunburns, we are feeling the pain today. For some reason, Austin neither tans, nor burns.


On our way off the beach, Payton got to drive the truck on the beach. If you look closely, you can see her there in the window.


And we saw a few more horses over the dunes, by the houses.


And this buoy was still there. You can see it on our previous trips, HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful beach...You are right...there are no beaches close to Omaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic pictures-beautiful! I'm sure you ARE going to miss that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a beautiful place!!! And you are soooo alone on that beach, it looks wonderful!! The wild horses, I'm just in shock!! I didn't even know there were wild horses still roaming, absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are amazing, I can see how your family will miss this beach, I guess any beach - since you will be leaving them behind. I'm like Lacy - I thought the only wild horses were far from civilization, like in Montana or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are terrific pictures. that beach looked almost deserted! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete