Monday, June 8, 2009

Pig Pickin' 2009

Saturday, some of our friends in the neighborhood threw a huge party. I thought I'd share a few of the photos I took from that day. It was a good time as always, we sure are going to miss all the friends we've made here.

Obviously this party was taking place in our cul-de-sac. Our friends Kenny & Jenny had their pool open to keep the kids busy.

The guys sat around, drank beer and played this "game". I am not a fan of this game, seems like something we played in Kindergarten. But I guess if you're hammered it makes it a little more challenging.


Wally, who lives down the street, set up his BBQ pit thing and cooked a whole pig, chopped it all up and we had some really great NC style pulled pork sandwiches. He's not in this picture, but you'll see him later.


The weather wasn't too helpful, but I guess it could have been worse. It was overcast and had rained the night prior, but the kids didn't care, they wore out that pool. Here is Payton and Morgan jumping in together.

There was a bunch of this sort of thing too, standing around and talking with a beer in hand.

This is Maureen and her son, Kevin. She wasn't too happy that I had my camera out.

Here is Joe, he lives next door. There isn't much I can say about him, he's a real piece of work, keeping things interesting around here. He's really just a big teddy bear and we are so lucky to have such a great neighbor.

Joe wanted to take my photo, since I was walking around taking everyone's pictures. I couldn't have mine taken by myself, so I grabbed Deborah and we cheesed it up.

This is one of Deborah's little girls, Delaney. She's a real firecracker & smart as a whip, she can (and will) literally run circles around you. I don't know how her parents keep up with her and her little sister, Deb really is superwoman.

Here's Gregg and Payton doing what Wasemiller's do best, eating.

Apparently it was pretty good. I think Payton enjoyed it, actually everyone did, it was absolutely delicious.

Here's a view from our driveway. It's so convenient to have it so close by, the beer fridge was just a few feet away.
For those of you that don't know about (or have) a beer fridge. A beer fridge is one that is usually located in the man space (read: garage), and is filled with nothing but beer.
If your guy has a special occasion coming up, likes beer, and has room in the garage - do him a favor and get him a beer fridge & keep it stocked for him too. He'll love you forever, not that he doesn't already.
These kids were real brave and dared to play in Steve's yard/ driveway. I was waiting for one of them to get killed. I could see him peeking out the blinds watching the party he wasn't invited to. In case you don't remember who Steve is, he's the nice guy that mows his lawn at 6 AM on Saturday Mornings, he's a real charmer.
The party didn't go by without him calling the police, what do you know!?

Here's my two after the whole pool thing was played out. Don't they look sweet? Don't let them fool you.

This is Kenny and some friend of his. Kenny was one of the hosts of the "Pig Pickin' " party. He and his wife, Jenny did a great job with all the planning - Thanks Kenny & Jenny!

And here is Wally and his wife Sandy, who is an amazing cook.
He did a terrific job on the Pig - Thanks Wally!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys have great friends and are going to miss them. But I know you will make even more when you move and you'll still have the old ones,too. Years ago, one of our neighbors cooked a pig in a pit and it was sinfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block party looked like too much fun! The cooked pig just makes my mouth water to think about it! We had the best pork when we were in Hawaii for our honeymoon- yummy!

    ReplyDelete