Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Killer Among Us

We have a great struggle going on in our house. Our little angel, Jolie, is a cold blooded killer. She so enjoys being outside in the morning and evening that I have a hard time saying "no" to her and keeping her in. Therefore, she occasionally (a couple times a year) brings me presents.

The veterinarian claims that Jolie loves us and wants us to be proud of her by showing how good she is at catching (and sometimes killing) other animals. So, when those occasions do pop up and she brings these presents to the door, I have a hard time not yelling at her when a lifeless bunny is lying by her side. But it is natural for her, so I try not to scream too much. I try to recognize that she loves me and this is one of many ways she shows me.


This present was from last week. Not a drop of blood was spilled, the poor little things neck was broken. I took this photo through the door glass with my cell phone. I had never caught this on film, so I felt I needed to. Each time I have to dispose of a bunny, lizard or bird, I cry. I would love to know what goes on in her little head while I'm doing this.

I prefer to see Jolie this way outside, just wondering around, enjoying life in this beautiful place.

1 comment:

  1. There are too many bunnies out there anyways! Next time I would like to see a snake or maybe even a mouse...I hate those things.

    ReplyDelete