Friday, October 10, 2008

Flashback Friday

Since I've been a completely pitiful blogger lately, I thought I'd try to make up for it by posting a bunch of old Halloween photos from the past years. The kids both love this holiday, one for the candy and the other for the costumes, can you guess which is which?

Here is Payton before school, in 2005 she got to wear her costume all day at school, she really enjoyed it. I really loved this one, I like the pretty & sweet costumes best.


This is Austin as a child vampire. We figured this would be a good second use for his tuxedo. Adults thought he was Eddie Munster and kids were completely frightened by him.


Here is Payton as an OU cheerleader back in 2004. She loved this costume and wore it until it was too small as a dress up outfit, doesn't she fit the part?


Here they are in 2003 when we were back in Oklahoma. I took a break from being creative with their costumes this year and just purchased some since we were getting ready to make the big move to Virginia. I did paint their faces to match though.

Here is Austin and Payton in 2006. Austin was a ninja and Payton got invited to a sock-hop just a few weeks before Halloween, so I made the deal with her that I'd make her a poodle skirt to her requirements, if she wore it also for Halloween. I loved the glasses, they were very funny I thought.

I'm going to try to do better in the future, with the blogging. It seems as if as soon as I get out of class, run errands, get the kids off the bus, and make dinner - before I know it, the day is over and it's all starting over again. Then there is the massive amount of homework and tests that seem to never stop, I know it's an excuse, but a valid one.

3 comments:

  1. That was a pretty cute post and I might have to steal the idea! Austin as a vampire made me laugh out loud! I loved it, and he did remind me a little of Eddie Munster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vampire costume!! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom that can actually make their costumes. My kids have to wear the store bought ones every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Payton has that cheerleader thing down and that vampire is adorable (we do have several little tuxes). I feel for you on the homework - when your kids know you're in school you have alot to live up to!

    ReplyDelete