The instruction booklet came with a couple DVDs to show proper form, not sure if she's got it down yet, but she's enjoying herself and that's what matters.
Doesn't she look like she's having a great time? Hopefully this doesn't wear off anytime soon. Last year there was only 20-something children in "strings" so I think she'll be getting a fair amount of instruction. It's 2 days a week for 45 minutes each day, for a whole school year. Maybe sometime I'll have some video of a beautiful piece... someday.
How fun! I tried to get Reece to play the violin but he wanted to play the clarinet instead. Then when I saw the price of those things, I was just fine with the clarinet!! Keep us updated on her progress.
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat! I wish I would've had the chance to learn something like that in school. I played the flute for two years. After a year with Mr. Bell, I was terrified to continue!
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering who funds that stuff - it is great! You do look like a pro- and I particularly like the picture of Hannah Montana on her wall, shows she's a girl with a wide variety of taste :)
ReplyDeleteFunding... well I'm not sure that it takes a large budget really. The kids go to "strings" 2 days a week in place of PE or Recess.
ReplyDeleteThe school doesn't provide anything other than instruction. Everything from DVD's, instruments, music books and stands are provided by the parents.