Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rollercoaster Weekend...

This weekend has been an odd one. First off, with no OU game to look forward to on Saturday, our weekend was WIDE open.

We ended out going to see "Burn After Reading" which, just so you don't make the same mistake we did, DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS!! I can overlook a little language and dark humor, but there were a few scenes in this that had both Gregg and I saying to ourselves "please just make it stop." I'll leave it at that.

So after that we did a little shopping and went to lunch. Nothing interesting, I know.



Later we came home, the kids played some Mario Kart and the evening was over before we knew it.

Sunday started off like most Sunday's, I make breakfast (this morning it wasn't usual though, I made Eggs Benedict - YUM-O), we read the newspaper and just relaxed. Later, Gregg got this genius idea to use his air nail gun and mend a couple places in the floors.

We ended out in the ER: he shot a 1 1/2 inch nail INTO his index finger.


The doctor thinks that it hit his finger bone and bent the nail. This has left Gregg saying that he's made of steel. He pulled the nail out before he got downstairs, he claims it was quite hard to get out, only about 1/2 inch of the nail was visible, so there was an inch of that sucker stuck in his finger. He was perfectly content not going to the doctor, but I convinced him otherwise. Not a scream or a whimper out of this guy through the entire thing, he's normally a baby, so I had no idea he was hurt until I nearly passed out at the sight of the blood.


They did some X-rays and put him on some antibiotics. He'll check when his last tetanus shot was tomorrow at work, since that's where his medical record is (I know this doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's how the military does it).

So to cap off the evening, he helped our friends put on their back screen door (with the use of more power tools) and later played chess with Payton. I'm glad the weekend is just about over.


I am extremely nervous about a test I have tomorrow. It's a biggie, so I hope I do OK. We'll see, since I don't feel prepared at all and I've been studying off and on for a week.

3 comments:

  1. You just never know when you're going to end up in the ER, huh? Glad it was nothing too serious. Good luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been away from my computer for awhile and now I am reading everyone's posts. Believe me, slumber parties do not bring out the best in little girls - it does get better as they get older. And I think Greg is made of steel - I cried just reading about the incident:) My prayers are with you guys as you deal with your son's condition. There is so much available out there, I know you will eventually get the help he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness...as I started reading this post I never thought it would end with Gregg going to the ER. What a crazy weekend. Good luck on your test and I hope next weekend is a bit more relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete